Tuesday 1 December 2015

Day 1 of #Blogmas | Oh' Christmas Tree!



Christmas is upon us people!

FINALLY it is acceptable to watch Blissmas without being judged for my incredible sing-a-long Snapchats! As you may have gathered from one of my previous posts (here) I have been embracing the Christmas spirit a tad earlier than the average day person (I uploaded that post Nov 3rd!) but kiss my sprouts because I don't care!

Last night after impatiently waiting, I finally put up my Christmas Tree. See in our family we have 2 traditions:

1) No one, and I mean no one, dares to put up any decorations in my street before Michelle down the road. She is the Mrs Claus of Pembroke Street and every year once Bonfire Night is over with, up they go! Her windows are flashing before any other and like I said, no one dares to challenge that. You go girl!

2) Our Christmas Tree always has to be put up before December 6th, my sisters birthday. Eventhough she no longer lives with us, as she kindly likes to remind everyone; "This has been tradition for 31 years and it's not going to change now!!" Okay boss, not gonna argue, but I've been on par ready and waiting since our Michelle, love!

So, here it is looking fabulous, of course with the unappreciated help from the cats.

I've always wanted a white tree to be a bit different and it's the only way we're ever getting close to a White Christmas in Plymouth. It's almost like a blank canvas to work your magic on, any colour you want will look amazing. I got this White Lapland 6ft Tree from Argos last year for £24.99 (currently on offer!) I also decided to stray from traditional Gold, Green and Red and went with Pink, Purple, Silver and Black just to give it that extra pop of colour. My only issue with White trees is that tinsel makes it look quite tacky and the lighting wire is prominent!




I've not completely decorated my home yet but I couldn't resist picking up these beautiful ornaments from Tiger. They have so many in there ranging from £1, I highly recommend! I couldn't completely go without tradition could I?




Show me your Christmas Trees guys!
Do you have any Christmas traditions?

Happy #Blogmas!!


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment