Wednesday 30 December 2015

My Goals for 2016




So we've survived it people, 2015 comes to an end tomorrow to make room for the madness that will soon hit us in 2016. A lot of me is so sad to see this year end I've had great memories; see my photo album post. Although it didn't start off great (I was unemployed for a while and was ill for 3 weeks after my 20th birthday) I started my new job in April and I've never felt happier in a place of work, we are all like a family. I've had ups and downs with my friends which has just made us realise how genuine our friendships are and I've met some incredible people along the way. I've had my heartbroken, I've had a fair share of breakdowns but the main thing I remind myself of is I'm alive. I'm here. Life is actually pretty great.


I didn't want this to be too lengthy but I have a feeling it will so if you want to stop reading just look at the picture above. This post is about my goals for 2016. Not resolutions because they are so easily broken and cliche. I wanted to make a list that will excite me when I tick off each one and won't get boring to do. So here goes;

Happiness
An easy, straightforward and ongoing goal. Well, I say easy it can be pretty difficult. Some days nobody can drag me down (NOBODY, NOBODY!)(sorry one direction moment) I'm happy and giggly and if i say so myself, funny. I actually light up other people's day but then I get dark days, I get anxiety, I worry, I get paranoid to the point where I argue with loved ones. But I just want that to change. I'm going to cleanse my mind and my surroundings so I just have positive vibes in this often dreary world we live in and appreciate what I have. As I said before; Life is pretty great.
To Celebrate My Best Friends' 21st
So myself and my two closest friends from school all have our birthdays within 2 weeks of eachother. One is 20th Jan, the other is 28th and then mine is 3rd February so we all tend to celebrate together, however my goal (see below) is to go away for my 21st and Becky is having a party so I'm going to ensure we all party that little bit too hard in honour of the 3 of us. We're all growing up, we've seen eachother's triumphs and losses and I'm hoping this stays for life.

To Go Somewhere Beautiful For My 21st
I always see people visit some amazing places for their birthday and this year I am determined to do this myself. My heart is set on a few days in Prague or Rome, somewhere with substance and history with the most amazing picturesque views. I have the week off, why not spoil myself ey?

Confidence
Over the years, my confidence has grown mountains but I still have a long way to go when it comes to believing in myself. But I want to put myself out there more, set my mind on something and achieve it, no setbacks, no doubts. That would be my proudest moment.

To Be More Healthy
A bit of a cliche, boring goal for you. I often look at the stuff I eat and it makes me want to go out and buy a bucket load of salad, fruit anf veg but no matter what, the motivation goes. And the word Gym? It's foreign to me and I honestly don't see how people have the energy or time to do it. It's not even to lose weight, to just have a bit of a detox to see if it re-energises me a bit. Small realistic changes.

To Visit My Best Friends Up and Down The Country
Because of the wonderful invention of the internet, I have been lucky enough to 'meet' some beautiful, amazing people I'm comfortable to call best friends. So I'd love to just go and spend some time with them this year. I have Sam from Middlesbrough, Jay from Southampton along with a few in London I've met at shows and meet-ups and even Soph from Dublin. Some quality time with my girls and boys in person instead of over the phone would literally be amazing.

To Do A Good Deed Everyday
Whether it's just a smile to make someone's morning, I think giving back to people is the best trait someone can have.

To Go To A Festival
As you know, I love music but I've never been to Glastonbury, V, Leeds, Download, Reading, nothing like that and I reckon the experience would be like no other. Although the lack of hygiene does panic me ever so slightly!

To Invest More Time With Friends And Family
It's not until it gets to Christmas that I realise I feel like I neglect my family and friends because of work or just because I don't text them once a day. So spending some more thought on them wont go a miss.

To Improve My Blog
Everyone has room for improvement so I want to make some personal goals for myself, because I enjoy blogging, I want others to enjoy my blogging too! New equipment, fresh ideas, collaborations with different companies, I just can't wait.


I hope you all have an amazing New Year, and I'll see you in 2016!!

Lots of love

Katie x


2 comments:

  1. Its my 21st this year too and I really want to somewgere aswell! I get a bit bored of the clubbing scene and want to celebrate in a slightly different style! Happy NYE!!

    Www.sheepishlyshameful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh happy birthday for then babe! I'm literally the same, I can go out clubbing any day but people don't celebrate 21 as much now so it's happening! Happy New Year xx

      Delete