Saturday 12 December 2015

Day 12 of #Blogmas | Films at Christmas

Just like everything there is always something that links back to a memory or holiday. A particular song or film. And that's what I'm gonna post about today. Films that I have to watch every year without fail else it isn't a typical Christmas!

The Santa Clause


It doesn't matter if it's just one or all 3. This is my favourite Christmas trilogy of all time with one of my favourite actors; Tim Allen. It never gets old, I'd say the most "relatable" and the least childish Christmas film because they're just a normal average family who's lives completely change just because (Tim) was silly enough to try on Santa's outfit after Santa fell off their roof Christmas Eve. Makes me laugh every time, every year, every film.

Toy Story



The best animated films only come on at Christmas time and this is an all time classic for the whole family. Following Woody and his gang on their crazy adventures beyond Andy's room, everyone grew up with Toy Story whether it was 1, 2 or recently 3. And you have to cry at least once a film. Toys have feelings too!

Elf


Now judge me, I only watched elf for the first time like 2 years ago but I instantly discovered why everyone fell inlove with it so much! How can you not love Buddy who grew up as an elf but he is HUMAN then he has to adapt to the real world in search of his parents. It's so heart-warmingly funny.

Shark Tale/Finding Nemo


Either or both. You can't beat an animated film about fish can you?

Shrek


Another one of my all time favourite trilogy's. Nothing I love more than a play on the classic fairytales with all my favourite characters. These films are genius.

High School Musical



The original. Everyone knows the first scene of New Years Eve, the first time Troy and Gabriella meet sending our "OTP" scales through the roof! (one true pairing for those not with the lingo) the whole film just has a Christmassy Winter feel all the way through I love it! And who doesn't love a good karaoke sesh?

Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone



Again the original! I think because this is the least played in the series I associate it more with Christmas and I don't know why but I get teary in the Christmas Day scene where Harry is like "I've got presents?!" Breaks my heart. But all of the Harry Potter's are incredible!

There are probably a few more I associate with Christmas but these are the staple films. Call me crazy but I'm not mad on Christmassy films other than the 2 mentioned. I am so bad with watching classics and new releases because I don't tend to have the patience to sit through a whole film.

Suggest some films for me to watch and I'll give them a go I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment