Monday 14 December 2015

Day 14 of #Blogmas | Writing Christmas Cards

Okay do firstly I'm going to start off by saying I'm SO sorry I didn't post yesterday, I've been working really long weekend shifts and my mind was elsewhere! Now that's out of the way ....

I've always had a thing about cards, I think it's the perfect opportunity to write something personal for someone. Whether it's a funny one, a beautiful wordy one or a blank one so you can do your own message, if I get given a card for Christmas or Birthday it tends to mean more to me than a gift.



If I'm on a budget I'm so guilty of buying cards from Card Factory because they are bargain prices but the quality isn't cheap, most of them are gorgeous and unique! But whether there is space to write in or not I always write a little personal message rather than just "To/ Bob, Love Katie" that's so pointless. I do tend to get carried away though, the message to my best friend was a page long but my excuse was the inside of the card was Grey okay? I think it's perfect too if you don't have time to buy a gift for them, words can be amazing. 
Oh god look at me sounding like a bloody English teacher poet!!

This year I thought I'd be different and buy my family cards from Funky Pigeon (because I got discount shh) I love these card making websites! Granted the choice is a tad limited but I don't know about you but if I saw my actual name or face on a card I'd get excited!



Then you get to neighbours, colleagues and others, you aren't that close to. I got this box of cards from Studio 24 for a great price! See when I was at school and had to write loads of cards I was OCD and separated them into piles of each design so not everyone has the same card ... But then I'd always have a favourite card so I'd give people I liked more that card and the worst looking one to the people who I reluctantly gave one to. 
Man I'm such a bitch haha!!



Do you have any Christmas card traditions?
Hopefully I'm not the only one!!

Merry Christmas!!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment