Friday 4 December 2015

Day 4 of #Blogmas | Winter Must-Haves.

Winter is here and we're all freezing our tits off right? It's been so long now since Summer I don't even remember what it feels like to be warm. What is warmth???

But luckily I came prepared in order to survive Winter with these investment pieces you will never regret owning in the colder months!

1) Duffle Coat.



Or any coat really. I got this Red one from Primark a few years ago for £13 and it's lasted amazingly. I rely on this coat to keep me cosy and shield me from the wind and it doesn't disappoint. I also may have got one so I could pretend I was Red Coat ... (any Pretty Little Liars fans will understand!)

2) Boots.



Now, if you don't own a pair of knee high boots, I am judging you. How else do you manage to keep the bottom of your legs warm?! They go with anything; jeans, leggings, dresses. They're the ultimate staple shoe. I got the Black Boots from Very for £25 (you may have seen me mention in my previous OOTD post) and the tan brown pair were a Christmas present a few years back from Deichmann and I think they were around £30-£40. I live and die in boots all year around really because if you have warm, dry feet, you can do anything!

3) Fur.



It doesn't matter how much or where, you just need to own some. Again, you may have seen my OOTD mentioning this Leather Jacket but I absolutely love it. The fur keeps my neck warm without it being too overboard and as much as I want to look like one of the Mob Wives with a full-on fur coat, I can't risk buying one if all it does is rain, it'll completely ruin it! This jacket was £49.99 from New Look and another note, the fur is detachable!

4) A scarf.



Because sometimes your chin gets cold too! This pastel pink/grey/blue tartan one was £5 from Primark and it's literally like a blanket for my face! I love wearing scarves I have a ton of fashion ones but this is actually the first woolen, thick scarf I've owned, I don't know what took me so long!

5) A Chunky Cardigan



Every year I look forward to wearing this cardigan, the first touch of bitter cold weather against my skin and this attaches to my body for at least 6 months. I bought this literally about 5 years ago, and it's been my trusty cardigan ever since. It's from F&F at Tesco and I'm sure it was £12? But it is by far the best money I've spent ever, sometimes I just chuck this on and I'm ready to go that's how comfortable and insulating it is!

6) Christmas Jumpers



I will be doing a post completely dedicated to Christmas Jumpers soon but every single person in this world must own at least ONE Christmas Jumper. It's the Law. I have about 4 along with a dozen normal jumpers so I'm completely covered for the season. This one is from the Men's section in Primark for £9 and I love it because it's a stereotypical statement jumper but without silly slogans or animals. Did I mention IT PLAYS MUSIC?! I actually didn't even realise this until my mum decided to press me. An added bonus for Little Miss Claus here!

7) Ear Muffs.


 

These were actually a birthday present because I hated that my ears got cold but I've only started wearing them this year. They're super cute because they have a bow too making them extra girly. These were from Claire's Accessories probably for about £5 and they have adjustable band to suit your head size. I do sometimes have trouble hearing whilst wearing them though but a warm Katie is a happy Katie.

8) Sequins.



Like the fur, it doesn't matter how much or how little they just need to make an appearance to get into the party spirit! This Midnight blue top was from New Look last year I think for £14.99? It was a present for me anyway and it's great if you want some sparkle to a casual look or even if you want to dress down for a Christmas party! 

9) Umbrella.



Not really an explanation needed other than the fact that British Winter time consists of rain, rain and MORE rain. Here's a cute little panda umbrella that's battled through the wind aswell. (Let's not talk about his missing ear) This was £4 from Primark.

10) Microwavable Panda.



No this isn't animal abuse don't call the WWF! This panda actually has a lavender bag in it's bottom that you can microwave so you have a warm teddy to cuddle on chilly evenings. How genius is that?! Basically a glorified hot water bottle but you don't get scolded. I have no idea of the pricing of this but I have seen all different versions and animals of this in most shops I've been in. The newest craze I reckon!

Have I missed any out?
What are your Winter Essentials?

Make sure you keep warm and cosy!


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment