Saturday 2 January 2016

First Post Of 2016 | Bedroom Tour



Hello my loves, and welcome to my first post of 2016! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year and like me, ate and drank that little bit too much!

I never mentioned this in My Goals for 2016 post but the one thing I've had my heart set on for years now, is to have a bedroom I am actually proud of. See over the years, I've always drawn the short straw, I live in a flat with my parents and I either shared with my sister or had the box room so my brother could have the bigger room, leaving no room for a space of my own but in just under a year I've finally achieved that and I wanted to share it with you!

Let's start from the beginning, the very first thing I did was plan the walls. After years of having posters plastered all over my room I finally decided it was time to grow up. (sad face!) Anyway, I love feature walls but I'm not a fan of patterns too "in your face" and extravagant, after all I do have to sleep in here! So, in the end I went for this gorgeous, cream wallpaper with roses on, it's so understated but definitely adds that little bit of character to the room.



Next up is my bed, oh I do love being single and having a double bed! No duvet hogging and overheating in the night just me, myself and I .. well ... and the cats when they break in my room 5 in the morning! Clever little buggers! The best thing about this bed is the leather headboard, I don't know why but I'm so inlove with the way it looks and it was literally the reason I chose this bed but its so comfy!


I never intended on the cream and brown theme, before I had pink bedding but since my mum bought me this duvet set for Christmas I've really grown to love it and I've bought curtains in Chocolate brown and now I'm on the search for the perfect lampshade! (I do get very OCD about these things!)

Now for where the magic happens .. my make-up table, that is actually my chest of drawers, which is actually for storage.



A quick little run through on whats on it because I know some people are nosey and like to know this stuff; 

Ari by Ariana Grande perfume which I got for Christmas, Impulse spray in Romantic Spark, Vaseline underarm deodorant, Cath Kidston make-up bag I got for Secret Santa this year which contains my everyday make-up essentials, Minnie Mouse wash bag from Primark which contains everything else from eyeshadows to nails, The Vintage Cosmetic Company tweezers in floral, Avon Care hand cream in Royal Jelly, two travel size tubes of La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + cream which I was recommended by a girl on Twitter for my annoying breakouts, simply amazing! Avon Care Face Cream in Royal Jelly, Garnier Micellar Water, Make-up Wipes, Cotton pads, Tresemme Heat Protect spray and my Nicky Clarke Hair Dryer!

Whilst we're at in let's throw in my dodgy mirror above! This is what you get when parents try to do DIY together and clash ...



My cute clock that my mum literally give me about an hour ago that she thought would look cute and it's cute! How cute of her!




Here's my cute quote that, after having for about 6 months I finally decided to put up. This means an awful lot to me because if I'm ever having a bad day or a tough time, it reminds me of how many good times I've actually had in my life and the special people that I've met along the way. It just makes me smile. I've also had these colour-changing flower lights for a long time which I've only just put up too just to make it look a bit pretty and colourful.




Last but not least, my shoe rack ... and I don't even think this is all of them! Here's a picturesque version with my quote above it ...




and here's reality! 


Hey I'm not perfect!

So I hope you've enjoyed my little room tour, literally my room is tiny but like I said, I am finally happy with it .. for now. It's a cosy little space I can call all mine!

So Adios amigos, love from Katie and Phillip xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment