Tuesday 8 March 2016

Rant: Encourage The Future Generation


I have spent about an hour trying to think of a way to begin this post, maybe something witty, cute but to be honest I don't have one. This is just something I need to vent and get off my chest. I was going to put it on Facebook or Twitter but I thought, I can guarantee most, if not everyone can relate to this.

When you're younger all you think about is what it's like to be an adult, there's so many remarkable adults surrounding you that you couldn't wait to grow up and see what living life in adulthood feels like, it must be this amazing adventure, all this freedom. Then you reach that point and it's definitely not all it seems. You stress more about little things, you sit in bed worrying about your job or your family and friends and you're constantly tired. Am I right? But that's not what I'm talking about, that I can deal with to an extent. 

What I really can't get my head around is that these "adults" you once admired are like high school teenagers. They moan, they bitch, they're sly and their two faces even put Professor Quirrell to shame. But the funniest thing about it is it's not people my age, not even people my sisters age, but people in their 40's are the ones that are the worst for it. They constantly nit pick everything, they talk to you degradingly and they bitch bitch bitch because it makes them look superior. 

I don't understand it? Surely at 40 you have lived your life, you have been in my shoes and you know exactly how hard and daunting it is to find your own purpose in this world but you still go ahead and try and make things more difficult for me. Instead of judging everything how about actually support me, give me the encouragement to succeed in life. Praise me on the things I'm doing right rather than tell everyone what I do wrong. 

Of course, it's not everyone at 40 who are like this but that vast majority who make daily life that bit more stressful need to step back and realise, we are the present, we are the future and if you continue to put us down, how does that prepare us for other obstacles we will face just around the corner? There's enough pressure on us from society, we don't need it from you aswell.

I think some adults are just so cautious of being replaced but that's the circle of life, we all get replaced at some point, we don't live forever so why don't we just all make our lives count. 

Be kind, be happy, be supportive, because if you're unable to do it, what hope do the rest of us have going forward?

{I apologise I got a tad carried away and this is entirely unfiltered, I just felt I needed to raise this issue that I have been a victim of lately}

Lots of love,

Katie x

2 comments:

  1. I experienced this loads at my last job. The group of women in their 40's were so bitchy and would moan about everything; especially when it was to do with us 'younger employees'.

    I found that the best thing to do was to let them get on with it, to pretend like it didn't bother me even when it did. They soon gave up xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I've been through and falsely accusing us of things. It's so silly we're all meant to be adults xx

      Delete