Saturday 12 March 2016

First Impression: Revlon ColourStay 24 Hours Foundation


This review has been a very long time coming. Y'know when you have really wanted something but you never have the courage to buy it incase you're disappointed, well this is what happened here. For as long as I can remember I have watched Liz's YouTube videos at iheartmakeup92 and along with MAC Prolong Concealer, Revlon ColourStay is the one product she has raved about for years and it always looked amazing on her acne-prone skin, so I thought I wonder how it would take to my own dry skin? 

So after sadly pumping the last remainder of squirts from my current foundation Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid, I finally decided it was time to try something new. And luck was on my side because it was half price in Boots!



I was looking for a long time for the shade that would suit me and the paler tones were a bit too pale for me and knew would wash me out so I went for 180 Sand Beige, which is actually the same shade Liz uses. So here goes nothing.

Already one negative that I was already aware of is that fact there is no pump or anything to limit the amount you apply so carefully I poured a tiny amount onto the back of my hand. {Although I have just been informed the new version has a pump, damn!} The consistency is much creamier and liquidy than what I'm used to, normally the formula is thicker and doesn't run down my hand. 



I took my egg sponge blender and started to apply. Recently, I've been trying to change my routine up for Spring and not to have as heavy coverage on my skin but this was a dream to apply. Immediately I saw a difference and it didn't feel cakey at all, the more I put on. I did at some point think, is this actually working? because it feels so natural. A major pro for me is how it covers my dark circles under my eyes, normally I need a heavy mix of foundation, concealer and a filter to feel confident but I found myself using less concealer and I took selfies afterwards without a filter! 



I may have only applied a little today, but the coverage still was high and I know I could have applied more with ease without the worry of an orange cakey mess (we've all been there) 

So apart from the lack of pump/applicator {on mine anyway}, I have no complaints and I wasn't disappointed, thankfully. I will probably post a heavier coverage soon to show how effortless it really is. I'm really impressed and would recommend this!
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment