Sunday 28 February 2016

Avon | Ultra Colour Lipstick & Extra-Lasting Plump and Stay Lip Colour.


Hello loves,

First of all I want to apologise for my lack of posts and activeness on social media lately. I had my birthday (which you can read about here) then I fell ill and had zero motivation to live let alone blog and then to top it off I had no wifi for 2 weeks, nightmare! But I'm back and here to rant and rave to my heart's desire.

I want to talk about my two favourite lip products of the moment which are both from Avon. Now I know I have spoken about them before but it's honestly because it's only recently I have appreciated their brand properly and I'm now obsessed!

The first one is this gorgeous purple lip colour I'm sporting. Now I think I've mentioned this in one of my earlier posts that I was on the hunt for the perfect pigmented purple shade and luck was obviously on my side this day because I found this Ultra Colour Lipstick in their clearance brochure for the bargain price of £2.00, saving £5.50! I was sold. It's in the shade Vixen and it's that beautiful warm toned plum colour I've been searching for. Paired with their Ultra Glimmerstick Lip Liner in Deep Plum, I literally wear this everywhere, everyday whether it's to the shops, work or a night out I can't get enough. I think it even warms up my face too because I am very fair skinned even with make-up on.

______________________________________________________________________


The second lip combo I am adoring is a relatively new product. It's the Plump and Stay Lip Colour in Plumful from their Extra-Lasting collection. Now you'd be lying if you haven't been through the phase of dreaming of Kylie Jenner lips without the harmful side effects and surgery so I thought I'd give it a go to see if my lips actually plump out. My lips are a "normal" shape and size but I did see a difference when I applied it. It's a 2 in 1 design with the liquid lipstick on one side and the gloss on the other. I don't know exactly what is in the gloss but when you apply it in the centre of your lips it gives that tingling sensation which is a bit of a strange feeling but it doesn't last long. It also claims it lasts 8 hours so here are the results.

11AM | 5PM | 9PM
So I had it on all through my shift without any re-applying and eventhough the colour slightly faded the glossiness and pout remained. The texture is slightly tacky and sticky so if your not a fan of that this wouldn't really be for you but I do really adore this and my lips do look different which is fun. I paired it with the Ultra Glimmerstick Lip Liner in Pink Cashmere to give it that bit more definition and I got the both for £8.00 in one of the brochure offers but you can purchase the Glimmersticks for £6.00 RRP and the Plump and Stay for £8.50 RRP. But like I said every brochure has an offer so always keep an eye out, currently this look is only £5.00!

One final note, Avon have just launched their Matte lipsticks claiming they are "More Matte Than MAC" and I cannot wait to get my hands on one. I have a tester but really need to do the comparison for myself and for a fraction of the price of a MAC lipstick at only £5.50 RRP!

Anyway, have a lush day darlings.

Katie x

{disclaimer: i am not an Avon rep and all these views and opinions are entirely my own}

No comments:

Post a Comment