Thursday 31 March 2016

My 5Oth Post featuring March Favourites.


Happy Blog Day! I'm in a very excited mood because I've just realised this is my 50th blog post! I started Life Beyond The Till as something tedious I could do as a hobby in the little free time I have and I've grown to love it. This blog is my baby and already I've met online so many lovely people thanks to it and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to support and read my ramblings. Here's to the next 5000!

I thought today would be a great opportunity to do to my first ever Monthly Favourites which is a huge staple post for all bloggers, but yet I've avoided doing one until now because I've not had enough things to rave about. But without further ado, here goes!

Redecorating:
featuring my mum lol


There's something so therapeutic about changing up your home every once in a while to keep it fresh and comfortable to live in. This month, after talking about it for like 50 years, my mum, dad, sister and I have eventually decorated and revamped our living room, going from a drab unfinished duck egg and cream scheme to a warm, cosy purple and silver layout and I love it! Also, I've finally put the finishing touches in my bedroom to make it my own after all this time. I've shared beds, been forced into the box room to sleep but now this space is all mine, decorated exactly how I've wanted. I did a Bedroom Tour post the beginning of the year but since then I now own a floor length mirror (eep!) a proper chest of drawers (double eep!) and some cube shelves! It's the simple things in life guys.

Kristin Cavallari: Balancing In Heels

It was only natural to mention this as it is featured on my bedroom shelf but I am currently about a quarter of the way through this book and it's everything I expected and more. If you don't know Kristin Cavallari she was a reality TV star in Laguna Beach and The Hills, two of the "original" American structured reality shows, waaaay before the likes of TOWIE came along. She was percieved as this fun-loving, care-free, straight-talking bitch and I adored everything about her, but of course as she explains in her book, alot of it was heavily edited and manipulated. Now 29, she is a mum of 3, a wife, a fashion enthusiast and a business woman and this is an insight to her world and how she manages to balance it all. What I love about this is that this isn't a typical autobiography of "ooh look at me, I live the perfect life, be jealous of me" it's more of a "this is my life, and it's pretty damn difficult juggling all this but I'm proud of how I do it and maybe you can take some tips from me" She's honest, she's funny and she's herself. She shares beautiful photos, both old and new and even reveals some of her secrets to surviving a somewhat normal, yet extremely busy life. This is way more than just a celebrity tell-all.

Swisse Women's Ultimate Multi-Vitamins

So originally I was going to pick up the Swisse Hair Skin and Nails product for obvious beauty reasons but then I spotted this and came to realisation that I think my insides need a bit of a boost and some love aswell. This one tablet, massive one at that, contains multiple vitamins of goodness that work all different parts of your body without being harmful and it also makes your wee luminous yellow woo! (it's actually some vitamin it contains causing it but it's a sign that something must be working!) I've noticed my hair to be shinier for definite but I haven't examined the rest of me in depth, but I guess I have less breakouts but I have Shellac nails so can't benefit from that side of it really. So affordable too, considering it's a named well known brand.

Jake Sims: Long Time Coming EP

Well first things first, the title is accurate! Me and alotttt of others have been waiting far too long for Jake to finally release his own music that 100% shows his true talent and Long Time Coming is a reflection of his hard work. I mean of course I'm biased, I've supported him for a while now but it's so refreshing to listen to good music for a change, and something different than todays chart music. He's a rapper aswell as a singer and there aren't many "good" ones out there anymore. I'm beyond proud of him, and you can listen to it for yourself here and make your own opinion but I highly recommend it, and he's such a humble, nice lad. There are good things coming for him for sure!

Breville Blend Active

This is another impulse buy in attempt to give myself a health kick. I've always wanted a blender but never invested in one so I thought it was time. It was actually reading Kristin Cavallari's book and seeing her recipes that gave me the inspiration to use it. It's the easiest way for me to digest fruit and veg without thinking about it, see i'm such a fussy weird eater, I get bored easily so if something is chopped up or even blended i enjoy it alot more. It's also "Katie-proof" so simple to use. So let's see how this works out.

Nails

I have the least girliest, glamourous job ever so by doing my hair make-up and nails is the only thing that keeps me sane. For ages now I've avoided getting my nails done because I was worried they'd chip easily, ping off or break {only one has but only because my finger got jammed!} but the girly girl in me finally caved and since my best friend is a nail technician what other excuses do i have? I've fallen inlove and cannot wait to keep getting them redone, they make my hands look sexy.

Revlon ColorStay 24 Hour Foundation

Last but not least, Revlon ColorStay 24 Hour Foundation. I know I've done a review on it and I know it's all I've spoken about but this product, along with the rest of my make-up it has helped me finally master a routine that suits me and actually makes me look half decent covering my flaws. I still think I could have done with a shade lighter but the coverage is amazing, the long lasting element is perfect just what more could i ask for from a foundation? My new Holy Grail yassss.

And that's it. A bit of a mixed bag but a nice little insight to what I've been loving in the month of March. How is it April tomorrow?? Christmas was like yesterday! Crazy. 

I also got new glasses last week so here's a lush selfie of yours truly to end the post.



What have you been loving this month?

Lots of love


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment