Wednesday 23 March 2016

A Flick Through My YouTube History


Since I've been doing alot of beauty themed posts lately, I thought I'd do something a tad different and give you an insight to the weird and wonderfulness that is my music taste.

I'm extremely random and tend to go through phases where I listen to a variety of songs non stop from different genres, old and new, so I thought I'd do a post about the songs I have mindlessly searched on YouTube or clicked on when getting too carried away lately, because it happens way too often and judging by my history, it was obviously one of those weeks ... I also have the videos attached aswell so you can enjoy them as much as I do. You're welcome.

Little Mix - Secret Love Song Pt II
Not a bad start, its current and the girls sound incredible, their vocals are flawless. This version is minus Jason Derulo and his inappropriate dancing. I have always been a huge fan of Little Mix and it's one of those songs where you can blare it out and imagine yourself in your own music video. Tried and tested.




Ariana Grande - One Last Time
Okay so, if I remember rightly I searched this up after watching Gabriella's {velvetgh0st} morning routine because she was singing along to this passionately and it reminded me of my love for Ariana and this song.
.


Sia - Alive
This was her Ellen Show performance and she is actually amazing. I actually played this because I was watching Dance Moms and they mentioned Maddie being on Ellen and whether or not it was this performance I don't know but I must have watched this at least 10 times on repeat. What a talented, eccentric pairing.


Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
My all time favourite song, it's so timeless and it makes me happy everytime I listen to it. I also listen to Lauren Platts XFactor audition where she switched it up which is also incredible! No one can live life without the queen of Power Ballads.


Jonas Brothers - Things Will Never Be The Same. 
I obviously was reliving my early, well, mid teens here. This is from Jonas LA which I was heavily judged for loving at 15. Guilty Pleasure I must say. And quite a deep song considering its Disney. Pure cheese, as expected.




Cher Lloyd - Oath 
I absolutely love Cher Lloyd's music. Although I wasn't a fan of her personally, I found myself obsessing over her albums and this makes me wanna celebrate my friendships. What a sap!

                                        


Zayn - Pillowtalk 
This was definitely a grower. When it first came out obviously it was like OMG ZAYN FROM 1D but the video is so trippy I was put off it. It was actually Conor Maynard's cover which made me appreciate the song and also I'm obsessed with Zayn and Gigi so their PDA is worth the mind boggling 3 minutes.



DJ Otzi - Hey Baby
HEEEEEEEEY HEEEEY BABY OOOH AHHHH ... Honestly .. Do not ask. No words. I think it was just one of those days, you all know what I'm talking about and you're secretly loving it, stop judging ...




Justin Bieber - Sorry 
Swiftly moving on, this is legit my jam that without fail gets in my head when I'm doing date-checking routines on my weekend shift. It definitely makes the dull task more entertaining when I find myself singing out loud without realising. The video also actually wants me to go back to dancing, just because I know they'd be doing this on REPEAT. 



Zedd ft Foxes - Clarity
I loveeeee this song! To be honest, I never appreciated it when it was relevant and in the charts but I rediscovered it a year later and it's been on my playlist ever since, I'm obsessed. Probably because I listened to the acoustic and appreciated the lyrics more but it became a high favourite.



So there we go. this was completely unedited I literally just flicked through my history to find these gems in between my favourite YouTubers. You can stop judging me now. To be honest that could have been ALOT worse, phew!

I challenge you to do the same!

What have you been listening to lately?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment