Saturday 19 March 2016

How Natural Is Your Natural Look?


I was sat at home the other morning contemplating what make-up look to wear, it was a day I was working so I didn't want heavy coverage and a full face so decided to go with Natural/wearable/easy to do. Perfect. 

However, when it came to doing my makeup it actually dawned on me when I was pulling out different products I was going to use that there is actually more effort to my natural look than I originally thought. So how natural really is my natural look? 

Here's the evidence of products I use on a daily basis: 


                         

So much for the I just woke up and glided out of bed effect. There are so many products nowadays encouraging this toned down look that we don't realise the amount of makeup we are applying just to get that impression of "we've haven't even tried" because the majority of us are too scared to go out bare-faced the real way. 

It's definitely a confidence issue, there was a period of time I did really look after my skin that I felt brave enough to ditch the makeup and go out without the slightest hint of foundation but with my redness, dark under eyes and blemishes there was no way in hell I would now.


The make-up remover test was also a revelation when I had to almost use two wipes just to get this understated look off my mug. 

Is it really worth it? 
Wouldn't it be more worthwhile to do a full face instead?


Oops

Well to be honest I love dolling up and toning down so for me it's not that much of an issue but I wanted to share with everyone what an eye opener this was for me. 

Yeah, I'd probably save a hell of a lot of make-up if I just braved it but what's the point if you're insecure and uncomfortable? The power of makeup is certainly too hard to resist nowadays. 

So, how natural is your natural look then girls?


Katie x

2 comments:

  1. OMG! This is great. I do my "bare" face for test days but I will totally take the challenge and make a post on this!
    (Seriously, my natural look is way more work than yours lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completed your challenge! The post on my 'natural' look is up now (:

      http://www.sparklesandsutures.com/natural-makeup-look/

      Delete