Monday 11 April 2016

Update: A Week Away From the Blog


Hello, hello. So lately I really haven't been in the right frame of mind to post anything which is a shame because everyone knows how much I love to blog but I can tell you now the posts last week would have been depressing to say the least, let's just say I've had a crappy few weeks without getting into it. But I'm trying this new thing; positivity, controlling my paranoia and putting things in perspective. 

Clean Slate:


Everyone is bound to have down days but I have to be thankful for the people around me and also putting my head down and focusing on work has helped alot and the customers/patients I've met really inspire me, some of them you wouldn't even think were seriously ill with their chirpy attitude and smile on their face, except for the fact they're in their pjs! They make every moment count and that's what I aim to do. I'm 21 for goodness sake I still have the rest of my life ahead of me, onwards and upwards I can do whatever I want, I can deal with whatever life throws at me. This is my clean slate.

Tattoo:

Last week I also got a tattoo! 10 points to Katie for being brave but it was for a very good cause. Basically, a family friend of ours had just been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and went through emergency surgery that saved her life. She's a young girl, a mum, a fiancée she should have her whole life ahead of her too. So in aid of that her fiancé is a tattooist and set up a fundraising charity day to raise awareness and money for the disease and thank Derriford Hospital who saved her. This is also my first arm and visible tattoo {my other 2 are on my back} so this marks the occasion too!

The Blog Tag:


The one thing I was most frustrated about my lack of motivation was I recently become apart of the Facebook group "The Blog Tag" and it's the best idea since sliced bread if you go through heavy writers block! The Blog Tag was set up to prompt people different ideas for posts with a new theme each week and then the posts are shared so everyone can read eachothers interpretation. I honestly cannot wait to get started on this, everyone's posts so far are brilliant and maybe this means i can start blogging alot more which is definitely what I want so keep an eye out!

Bullet Journal

Everyone is suddenly obsessing over this craze of organisation myself included and I'm the worst at not knowing what's going on in my life so this is the perfect way to set out and plan my world. I definitely will do a separate post on my own Bullet Journal when it's less empty and basic but if you feel like you definitely need organising, I highly recommend this system! Just YouTube and Google blogposts on them and you will get a ton of inspiration on how start one.

And I think I'm all caught up now. Again I'm sorry for the absence it won't happen again.

Lots of love

Katie x

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more from you Katie!😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pretty much sums me up at the moment apart from the tattoo - won't be getting one of those any time soon! I've been slacking in the blogging department and am starting anew with a fresh mind now. Good luck on this for yourself as well, Katie :) I didn't know about the blog tag however so I've just joined, it sounds like such an awesome idea, so much inspiration, I'm feeling pumped already! Let's do this :D

    Katie
    www.katiehodgkinson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're the same and we can enjoy this wave of motivation we're both experiencing! Good luck to you too we can do this!!

      Katie x

      Delete