Thursday 30 November 2017

REVIEW | Lasting Finish 25 Hour Breathable Foundation

I have waited so long to do a review of this but honestly, I've not been near a drugstore to pick it up until I completely ran out of it's sister product Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation. Anyway since this has been my Holy Grail product since about 18 years old (as I've noted a thousand times before) It was time to test this out, finally!

Now, let's get down to what the foundation states:

"Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Breathable Foundation is a lightweight skin perfecting foundation with medium coverage. Breathable skin technology that moisturises for up to 25hr. With SPF 20"

Sounds promising, however as I am such a advocate for full coverage foundation, I was a little apprehensive as to how well I was going to get on with it and whether it will cover to my desire.




I always get Rimmel foundations in 100 Ivory as I am Casper the Ghost's sister and even that is still dark for me! I must admit when I opened the lid I was pleasantly surprised (and a little excited) about the applicator. It's a stick with a sponge end which is the complete contrast to original which is just a pump with no applicator. 

I suppose you can apply this directly to the skin however I decided to dab a few swabs onto my blending sponge and applied it that way and honestly as I first I wasn't convinced. It felt so lightweight like I wasn't covering any blemishes it literally just felt like a moisturiser however when I actually looked at my complexion I was proven wrong. Admittedly it's buildable so I did need to apply more product until I was comfortable but I couldn't fault it and like I said, how it felt against my skin, it didn't feel caked on yet looked almost flawless.





It also worked well with the rest of my make-up routine (you can read about what products I use here) blending together lovely. So, honestly if you're looking for a light-medium coverage more moisturising foundation that doesn't feel caked on your skin, this is an amazing alternative to the original product by Rimmel.

However, I am a sucker for full coverage so it's not a complete replacement just yet!     


Love, Pook x

No comments:

Post a Comment