Friday 17 November 2017

Winter Beauty Killer | Make-up Routine


Hello lovelies,

I don't know about you but when it comes to this time of year, in between snuggling in my pajamas most of the time with the heating on and a good cuppa, I always find the motivation to look more "glam". Maybe it's because Winter is known for awards season and just parties in general dazzling yourself in sparkles and it being more acceptable than ever, I just enjoy sitting down and actually putting my face on and making an effort in an attempt to brighten up this gloomy weather.
That in mind, I thought I'd share my favourite make-up routine and what products I use to achieve this look.


First of all, let's start with eyes. I always find it so much easier to do eye make-up first that way I can be as messy as I want and wipe away any mistakes without worrying about my foundation ruining. Common sense really. Although it's a complete contrast colour to the festive season, I thought applying pink shadow would just add a bit of light softness to the usual bold trend of winter make-up. I used the Beauty Killer Palette by Jeffery Starr which is full of vibrant colours usually suitable for summer however I use this all year around. I took the shade Princess as a base colour (it's actually a pale pink, excuse the brightness ruining the colours!) then I apply a little bit Star Power, which is a vibrant pink ever so slightly to deepen the colour to get more of a subtle Barbie shade.


If you struggle with eyeliner like me, Glam Eyes by Rimmel London is perfect for dummies because of it's precision applicator it even makes my attempt look somewhat decent! I then finish off with Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara from L'oreal Paris, because my eyelashes are naturally long but light, this mascara just thickens them up giving that falsh lash effect.


Now time for base and I've used the Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation by Rimmel on and off for years. It's just my Holy Grail product, I need full coverage that takes me through some gruelling shifts and this has never failed to impress me since I was about 18. They've actually brought out a "breathable" version this year which is more of a medium coverage that I'm looking forward to trying out for days I don't need much warpaint! Now for concealer, I used a mixture of Natural Collection's Liquid Concealer and a Cover-Stick. This one is from Poundland and is actually better than most coversticks I've used. Together they attack any dark circles or blemishes I have and actually covers my Chicken Pox scars above my lip instead of sinking into them. I then set it all with a Pressed Powder which is also from Poundland, it doesn't cake up at all and it's a bargain!

Last but not least a little bit of contouring. For this I cheat and just use Rimmel Kate Moss Sculpting Palette which does the work for you and tells you what goes where. (I often wonder how I'm a girl) it just accentuates my high cheekbones and stops me looking like a potato. I finish off with the Undress Your Skin Powder Highlighter from MUA which is so pigmented it's crazy for it's price! 


And here is the finished look. (Note: My lip colour is Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade Plum This Show)


Until next time, my loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment