Tuesday 7 November 2017

You Got Me Wrapped Up



Cor, it's got a little bit chilly outside lately hasn't it? Anyone would think it's bloody Winter! As much as I couldn't think of anything worse than being cold, it's also my favourite time of year in terms of fashion - jumpers, tights, boots, and of course big cosy coats to brave the temperature in. It makes Autumn/Winter somewhat bearable when you are comfy but also looking good whilst you're at it. 

Here are my 3 staple coats to help me survive this season!

First up is actually my most recent purchase. I got this Red Fitted Quilted Puffer Jacket from Lasula and it's very much on trend, proving very popular for socialites like Olivia Buckland and Megan Mckenna, adding a pop of colour to what can be quite a bland time of year. I have had so much wear from this already and the black faux fur collar is like a constant hug around your neck. My only negative is it is definitely fitted and I wish I'd gone a size up for extra room as I can't layer as much as I want but saying that the warmth this coat brings, you don't really need it.

 

Next up, is this gorgeous Black Check Longline Jacket that I purchased the beginning of the year from New Look and for me, is the most sophisticated thing I own. It dresses up any outfit I decide to wear and I can't get enough of pairing it with my thigh high grey boots that I dig out every winter! Granted, it doesn't do me any favours when the heavens open and drown me but for an dry day and an evening out, it's perfect. I get so many compliments.


Last but not least is my trusty, extreme weather coat that was such a bargain buy from Primark a good 2 years ago and it's still going strong. The Parka coat, a staple in everyone's wardrobe for those miserable, rainy days that never seem to go away. The length is perfect covering 3/4 of my body from the cold and wet, protecting my clothes and the huge fluffy hood that makes me feel like Macklemore (remember him?!) is perfect for keeping my head and ears warm and dry, although the fur takes forever to dry again! 

 

Great Britain; I am ready for your baltic, horrific weather, come at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment