Wednesday 17 January 2018

Entering 2018 Confidently.


Hey boos,

What a busy end of the year I had and definitely one year to put behind me. 2017 was a rollercoaster that by the end I was contemplating just jumping off before it finished it's course. But after 2 weeks off to relax at home with my family celebrating a very delayed Christmas, things are definitely beginning to look up. I've cut ties with anything toxic jeopardising my happiness, my progression in my job is just about to start and my best friend is one step close to moving up and working alongside me in the very near future. Let's just pray this level of positivity remains eh?



Along with positivity is confidence and 2018 is the time where I'm putting this into practice alot more and bringing back the Katie Pook that at 21 thought she could conquer the world. In 2 weeks I'm turning 23 and it's perfect opportunity to adjust back into that mindset and set myself up for the future. There's no better time than the present!

First things first I want to feel more comfortable in my own skin. I aim to take more selfies and post to Instagram daily. It may came across self-obsessed and vain and appearance isn't the key to confidence but it's 2018, social media is at it's prime and yes, I may be completely hung up on it but I'm only human and honestly It has (so far) made a difference.



Completely contrasting the heavily filtered, fake reality of Instagram, I have also taken a break from the gruelling chore of make-up and allowing my skin to breathe. Now, in the past the thought of channeling my bare-face in public without a hint of concealer freaked me out however, in a roundabout way it is evidently improving my skin with the help of moisturiser to keep my face hydrated. Again, this may not seem a big deal to many but after suffering from chickenpox 22 years late last year, noticable scars were left and my confidence plummeted, but just like everything else, it is part of who I am and it's my chance to embrace it.

Anyway enough self-love for one day. Let's make 2018 a year to remember, who's with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment