Saturday 24 October 2015

This Week's Primark Bargain Revelations.

So I decided to take a little trip to Primark and pick up a few bits and bobs since I hadn't been there in a while and I was so impressed with their A/W range I wanted to buy the whole shop! I will go back and buy everything but I resisted and sticked to the basics I needed to get.

Okay, first up I picked up a 5 pack of Silver (White) hoops. 



I live and die in hoops to the point where they literally rust to my ear but I never feel the need to splash out on them. I am a huge fan of Primark jewellery, eventhough it's all plated gold and silver it doesn't green stain on your body, it doesn't look cheap and nasty and although they don't last forever, you can afford to replace them easily (plus I am prone to losing jewellery.) I thought I'd push the boat out and buy 5 so I can switch it up and they will last longer and the best bit is they were £1! Incredible, when I was going to spend £1.50 on one pair. (Disgraceful, I know!)

Keeping on the subject of earrings I bought these flower earrings in pastel pink. 



They are studs with a slight drop and they were super pretty and are the type to make any hair/make-up/outfit look that slightly bit more elegant. I also have my Nan's 90th coming up so I've bought a boho type maxi dress in the same colour so they match perfectly. They were only £2 and can wear them with anything. 

Next up, I bought the egg make-up sponge. 



Now, I purchased this for a reason. Everyone has hyped about the beauty blender for so long and at £1.50 this is a very similar, bank account friendly version. I have and will never comprehend paying out for the real one and as someone who has never got on with make-up brushes and use my hands, i thought this was the time to try it out. I've seen so many bad reviews and beauty snobs dissing it but personally, it might be because I've never used anything before, it applies my make-up evenly and so much better than I ever did and I can't complain. It doesn't absorb the water very much, which I find a plus because who wants a soggy face? The only thing I would say is the sponge does stain a little and it is harder than a sponge but I think people expect far too much considering the price. At £1.50 I will be repurchasing when needed. It's a major revelation for me.

It's Halloween next week so I had to end this post with the theme and my favourite purchase. Black, glittery, spider-web fashion nails.



I have to admit I squealed a little when I saw them, they were so cute and were only £1, I just had to buy them! Unlike some cheap nails, these actually contain nail glue instead of the crappy adhesive stuff which is a major plus. I've heard good news about Primark glue and it didn't disappoint. The nails were simple to apply, they immediately stuck and literally do not budge. (I only lost a few because they got stuck in my jean pocket!) The pointed edge are manageable and overall just add that subtle touch of Halloween spirit without going overboard. With 24 nails you can use them multiple times and even if one pops off theres enough glue to re-stick! Again, incredible for £1 and look at the quality!

So that's it. My satisfactory haul! 


Oh Primark, you never disappoint! 
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment