Thursday 8 October 2015

The 5p Carrier Charge.



The whole of the UK seems to have gone into meltdown over being charged 5P for a carrier bag and personally I find it ridiculous.

Let's be realistic here, how many of us open up our purses (or wallets) and see a little group of coppers wiltering away in the corner because we never use them? They have no relevance to us and if they aren't in our purses (or wallets) we put them in a jar and forget about them. 

THIS IS THEIR TIME TO SHINE GUYS!

Use those 1ps and 2ps and buy a carrier bag! It will lighten the load and leave room for shinier coins we actually like to collect in our purse (or wallet).

People have made such a big deal about it and it's unnecessary really and also once you buy one bag, use your noggin and reuse it. Which actually brings me to another thing that I can guarentee most of the population have; a collection of carrier bags underneath your kitchen sink or stuffed in a cupboard that you have made over the years that you only ever use as bin liners or to empty the cat's litter tray.

THIS IS THEIR TIME TO SHINE NOW TOO!

And okay, it might just be me but there is something so satisfying about doing a daily shop, going to the counter with your basket and the cashier asking "Do you need a bag?" and you can stand there with a smug look on your face and say "No, I've got my own!" 

As a sales assistant, even I have a bit of a giggle when you get customers like that, they are so proud of remembering their bags, we need to aspire to be like that, we need more people like that in the world!

We all preach about wanting a better world to live in, and the whole purpose of this is recycling your old bags so you don't have to pay for another and preventing pollution. Also, I've noticed in most stores they give the 5p to charity, again another great reason to charge!

SO STOP THE MOANING AND EMBRACE YOUR COPPERS AND CARRIER BAGS PEOPLE.


Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Being a fellow retailer this actually made me laugh out loud! I have had phone calls from store asking me what do if people refuse to pay :')
    I'm over at girlinthemirror2014.blogspot.co.uk if you ever fancy a read :)
    Beth (GITM xox)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's so ridiculous, some are sneaky and ask after they've paid and I'm like hand over the 5p lady!! Haha! People really do overreact. I'll give you a follow xx

      Delete