Wednesday 14 October 2015

REVIEW // Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

TIME TO FIGHT MY DRIED PRUNE SKIN!


I'm very lazy when it comes to looking after my skin, it tends to be very dry and I don't moisturise as much as I should and I barely take my make-up off at night which is really bad. I'm quite lucky in the sense I have never suffered with acne or been through the spotty teen phase, I just get the odd annoying spot every now and again but I'm also very cautious when it comes to choosing what to use; my skin does become prone to irritation especially from perfumed based products. But recently, I have really become determined to improve my skin care routine so I feel confident without make-up and prevent looking like one of The Twits, when I'm older.



I've decided to try out Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water along with my Skin Therapy Slightly Fragranced Face Wipes that I already use (when I can be bothered) to get me motivated. When watching skin routines on YouTube so many vloggers rave about cleansing water being perfect for removing make-up and generally making your skin smoother, it also doesn't require rinsing, what's not to love?!

I've been applying it with a cotton wool pad in the morning to refresh my face before make-up and I've found my foundation applies alot better than it used to which is a major bonus point. Another plus is that it's bank account friendly with proven results. Sometimes you don't have to pay extortionate prices for the best outcomes.


However, I think when using it to remove make-up you have to take into consideration how heavy your make-up is and what type of products you use. Don't get me wrong it does the job but I must have gone through at least 6 cotton wool pads and it's time-consuming so I've been using a face wipe aswell to speed up the process.

I would recommend this product, and other cleansing waters as it makes your skin feel amazing and clean. If you wear minimal make-up this is perfect for you, however don't rely just on this if you enjoy applying alot more make-up especially eye make-up unless you have time and a bag full of cotton wool pads before you go to bed!

I will keep an update of my progress, I'm already seeing alot of difference and I've also purchased some face cream from Avon to treat my dry skin so I may do a review on how I get on with that aswell. 
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment