Saturday 30 January 2016

Road To Fitness; Day 1 to 5


Hello, loves.

So this is a little different post I know but I wanted to test this out to see if this type of thing would be popular and fun to write. I'm in no way fit or even entertaining but a little daily diary account of my progession might help boost me slightly. 

Day 1
Good morning, I've been up since 7am. It's my day off am i crazy?  People say exercising early, keeps you energised for the rest of the day and also it's out of the way without thinking about it. So, today is my first attempt at Charlotte Crosby's 3 Minute Belly Blitz and to cut out the crap, wish me luck!

Wow .. I underestimated how tough this was going to be, out of breath at the warm-up and heavily sweating after 2 or 3 rounds. Man, my stamina is dreadful! It's high intensity training so 12 rounds of 3 minute workouts but let me tell you, something is working, I feel every muscle tensing with every move. Something tells me I'm going to be in paaaain tomorrow! But I did enjoy it far more than expected, because it's different you're not stuck learning a routine for 3 hours. I'll definitely be continuing!

Food Of The Day:
Breakfast: Weetabix, milk and an orange.
Lunch: M&S Prawn Layer Salad, Count On Us Salt and Malt Vinegar and a banana.
Dinner: Sausage, Mash and Beans.
Snacks: 2x Oatcakes, 4x Ginger Snaps.

Day 2
So, I have the pleasure of my mother watching me workout today and I'm not sure if it encouraged me or not. However, it did almost inspire her to join in, obviously from the comfort of her own sofa, but working out together surely will boost my motivation right?
I had a break at the beginning today, to be fair my leg and stomach muscles were aching and I've discovered how weak my ankles really are when doing the more difficult moves but I hope this means it's working.

Food Of The Day:
Breakfast: Scrambled Egg On Toast
Lunch: M&S Tuna sweetcorn Pasta Salad, Banana
Snack: Galaxy Ripple {come on I needed a chocolate fix to get through my shift}

Day 3
I am suffering, like seriously bad. My legs and stomach and arms are achy, are like jelly and I'm very annoyed with myself that I couldn't do the workout as well. I was stopping and starting, I did it half-hearted ugh. I'm feeling cheat day to recover. 

On the bright side I got my Euros for my trip to Dublin today aaah only 5 Days!!

Food Of The Day:
Breakfast: Weetabix with milk
Lunch: Iceland Chicken and Bacon Pasta
Dinner: Fish and Chips

Day 4
I'm up and thankfully so much more energised and ready for this workout. I got warm so quickly today but other than water breaks whilst explaining each round I didn't stop! I battled through it all. My ankles are still super weak but I felt so chuffed with myself like my stamina is improving so it must be working and I even tried the dreaded surf press-up. (If you have this dvd you know what I mean) I can't wait to do it again tomorrow, I'm on such a high. I sound so silly wow.

Food Of The Day:
Breakfast: Weetabix with milk
Lunch: M&S Prawn Layer Salad, Count On Us Salt and Vinegar Crisp, Count On Us Chocolate Mousse
Snacks: 4 x Oatcakes, 2 x mini flapjack bites 

Day 5
I am feeling tired. I think it may all be catching up with me but this is my final day of workout until after my birthday and I wanted to do well. I got shattered quite quickly but then afterwards I was okay, I wasn't 100% like yesterday but I am starting to feel better about myself and that's what this is all about for me and it's worth the exhaustion and achyness! It's really bothering me that my ankles are the main thing hindering me though else I'd be able to keep up perfectly I think. So I need to find a solution to this.

Breakfast: Weetabix with milk
Lunch: Iceland Chicken and Bacon Pasta
Dinner/Supper: Chicken and Spiced Potatoes
Snacks: Banana, Count On Us Chocolate Mousse.

I'm going on hiatus from this workout and from blogging as I'm going to Dublin on Monday to celebrate my 21st (it's on Wednesday!) but when I'm back I hope to do a post all about my trip, I'm so so excited! Then of course back to the workout and healthy eating.

Love you loads.

Katie x

1 comment:

  1. It's hard in the beginning. But all the pain will be worth it. I've work out 7 days a week for 2 weeks straight and I stop for a while and soon I'll get back on track. By this post, I'm inspired to get back on track real soon.
    Good luck and never give up.
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete