Saturday 23 January 2016

Time For Some Fitspiration


I honestly applaud people who can genuinely just get up on the 1st of January and have the motivation to lose weight and detox their body from Christmas. For me, it's not that easy. I mean c'mon, how can you suddenly start eating healthy when there's still a dozen leftovers like selection boxes and Quality Street tins laying about waiting to be eaten?? But it's coming to the end of January and there is no yummy indulgent distractions left so now really is the perfect time to feel better about myself.

I must admit it is pretty difficult for me to eat normally as I work evenings so I have to eat my meals before 4pm and I work weekends until 8pm but I'm determined to work out something that will actually help me. It's not as such losing weight, I'm a size 10/12 but I haven't exercised properly for a long time since I stopped dancing so it's more about toning up and feeling confident. Also, I feel sluggish, have zero energy alot of the time and my digestive system has really been giving me grief lately. So it's time for a change and a detox so i feel healthier as well as look better.

I picked up a few glossy mags and went onto Womens Fitness website to give me an idea of where to start and these are a few tips I've picked up to help get me going that may be useful to you too;

- You should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to hydrate your body's cells. This will prevent bloating and even improve your skin health. Also if you drink water before or after a meal it speeds up your metabolism.

- Take a probiotic supplement to help your digestive system. Of course this is completely optional but I think my body is telling me I need some kind of TLC.

- So apparently lemon and ginger are natural weight loss aids that also speed up your metabolism, take care of your stomach and claims to be the ultimate weight loss booster.

- I've got my hands on Charlotte Crosby's 3 Minute Belly Blitz. Hopefully this will be the exercise motivation I need as gyms terrify me!!

- If you are feeling peckish, snack on some pistachio nuts, apparently they are full of protein and healthy fats that prevent you from that sudden urge to binge eat!

- Reading every single "LOOK AT ME NOW" article there is a running trend of poached eggs, porridge, salmon, chicken and green veg in their daily intake. These are definitely the staple buys I will be purchasing.

- If all else fails; get a tan! Just because the weather is rubbish doesn't mean you can't glow. It actually makes you look slimmer but also feel that extra bit confident instead of being that miserable milk bottle in the corner.

I'm starting off small, and not expecting incredible results but I think by actually blogging about this will give me the motivation to succeed and maybe even write down what I eat daily. I found when I did Weight Watchers actually writing down my meals helped me keep track and by writing it publically obviously I don't want to put down that I ate a whole chocolate cake so it gives me the mindset to be good and eat sensibly.

Just a small catch though, I probably won't start this full-on until I'm back from Dublin after my birthday so if you do see me on Twitter or Instagram eating that chocolate cake, please don't yell at me!!

Lots of love
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment