Thursday 14 January 2016

I'M OBSESSED WITH THE SIMS (again!)



So the title is pretty much self-explanatory. I, Katie Louise Pook aged 20 (21 in 21 days!!) am a self-confessed Simaholic and proud.

Now of course I haven't been living under a rock all my existence but I haven't played The Sims in about 2-2 and a half years but don't get me wrong, my entire childhood was revolved around this absolute genius creation. What can be better than a game where you can create and control an animated version of yourself (or anyone!) in an alternate world? The epitome of escapism! After a long time, The Sims 4 has arrived into my world reminding me exactly why I am so obsessed so I thought I'd share my history of The Sims games I've owned through the years.

Now, I know The Sims primarily market for PC and free-play mode but please note these opinions are all based on PS2 versions of the franchise which alter to the PC versions or don't have PC versions at all.

The Sims


The original, what started it all off! I remember begging for this game as well as The Sims Bustin' Out but when I was 8 years old, I kid you not, the storyline was SO. HARD. Basically I could barely get past impressing that Mimi/Mindy girl who was your roommate and your mom, she was a mean old bitch and this was back when you couldn't queue different interactions/actions, you couldn't fast forward your time but somehow you had to have full bars, be a handy man and have a few skills under your belt EVERY DAY to get be successful in this game. (I am exaggerating a bit but it was a stressful time guys!)

The Sims Bustin' Out


So, thank GOD for The Sims Bustin' Out. As I said, all of these are on PS2 and to be honest, I prefer it because there are actual storylines and missions to keep you engaged (and addicted) forever (well until you got so wound up you keep killing your Sim off for amusement .. just me?) 

I thought this was so cool, the missions were so fun (that darn Malcolm with his zappy furniture remover thingy causing drama in every location!), you get to travel in different cars depending how promoted you were; you go from riding that little red scooter to a stretch limo with a hot tub (?!) and you'd unlock a different location once all the missions in the current place you were visiting were done. Definitely one of my favourite versions of The Sims.

The Sims 2


The Sims 2 is very similar to Bustin' Out where you had to complete missions/objectives in order to succeed but this introduced Aspirational Goals based on your personality making it more "real" in a sense. Also my favourite thing was created, which all of The Sims games should have in my opinion, is the POV mode where you can literally CONTROL your Sim's movement like physically instead of commanding them to do something. Like a normal game as a normal character. Also aliens were featured in this version. Unreal. 

The Urbz Sims In The City


I cannot express to you how much this is my favourite game OF ALL TIME for PS2. It's basically an edgy, alternative version of The Sims and maaan I was obsessed! Not only were the clothes finally decent, it had so much content and you met so many different characters during your missions including The Black Eyed Peas?! 

Your aim is to be the biggest star in Urbzville, earning rep and fame everywhere you went until you're finally famous where you celebrate in your own penthouse! I mean, the child inside me is still squealing over this game and it's making me want to find it and play it right now. Definitely more suitable for older kids though as it is a bit more grungy.

The only thing I'd say was missing from PS2 to PC versions but that godly motherlode cheat; gimme unlimited Simoleons nowwwww!

I apologise this isn't the usual thing I'd post but I was having a major gaming nerd moment and had to share!!

P.S. THE SIMS 4 IS AMAZING.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment