Tuesday 23 January 2018

RECREATE HER STYLE: Millie Bobby Brown


When I was 13 years old, I was struggling through year 8, adjusting to my evergrowing boobs and getting compared to Fran from Dodgeball (not even an exaggeration, I was not a looker and I had not heard of tweezers) and I'm pretty sure we were all doing that weren't we? Well, not Millie Bobby Brown. This is one 13 year old girl's life I do envy; starring in one of the biggest Netflix shows of the moment Stranger Things, being invited to every red carpet event going and rubbing shoulders with Drake! 

I have a confession to make though, I haven't watched a single episode of Stranger Things but that in itself shows how internationally known she actually is for a teenager. Also, to top it off, her red carpet style is KILLING it this year. Both at the Golden Globes and the SAG awards she has made quite an impression and eventhough I am 10 years older than the girl, she has given me the inspiration to recreate these looks. Millie is sporting bun-style 'dos at both events however vibing completely contrasting looks.




Millie's make-up is not very complex at all but her elegance at the Golden Globes was effortless. As you may or may not know, at the awards all women wore black in aid of the Times Up campaign supporting those who have come forward about sexual harrassment so she complimented the black with a winged eyeliner. I used Rimmel's Glam Eyes Liquid Liner just to frame my eyes and Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Latte To Go mixed with L'Oreal Lip Paint in Nude-ist to create that perfect natural lip shade.


As for hair, it was quite difficult for myself to dupe this as at the moment my hair is quite short however the simplest way to create the plait effect was to seperate my hair into a half-up, half-down style and then seperate the down part into two sections. Although Millie actually has 3 plaits I just made two by simply making two seperate plaits and pinning them to the back of my head. With the rest of my hair I put into a simple high bun and that was it. Really straightforward and it would be easier if your hair is a little longer so you don't have to use a million hair grips like myself.


The SAG awards were on the weekend and I was obsessed with Millie's look, it was super girly and if you know me, I live for space buns! They just look so put together and keeps your hair out of your face, win-win. Completely the look with black bows to contrast the very pink vibes just adds that something extra. She even wore Converse for goodness sake, this girl slays.


Again, make-up wise was pretty simple with just glittery shadow on the lids, chizzled cheeks and a pink lip. Although I don't have a silver glitter shadow I just used the Princess shade in Jeffree Starr's Beauty Killer Palette along with a white shadow to make it less pink and for cheeks I use the Kate Moss Sculpting Palette. Finally I completed the look with Maybelline's Colour Sensational Lipstick in Smoky Rose.

I surprisingly had so much fun recreating these red carpet looks and may make this a trend when I am really vibing someone's style. I really hope you liked it too. 

Until next time.
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment