Tuesday 26 April 2016

When Temporary Products Become Permanent.


Ok let's face it, we all have times where we're short of cash but our favourite products think it's the perfect time to run out. So you're running around trying to find a dupe that will cover your back until payday. Or worse you can't find your favourite product anywhere but it is essential you get a replacement. Absolute nightmare! It can go terribly wrong or it can feel like fate has brought you together, either way, it is a perfect chance to trial new products.

Thankfully products I was very apprehensive about pulled through and pleasantly surprised me so much so that I haven't even resorted back to my original item. This is my top 5 temp products that have become an absolute must!

1. Make Up Gallery Smoothly Does It Pressed Powder.


When I hit pan on my trusty Collection 2000 powder and went to get another I couldn't find the right one anywhere, I think they changed the formula or product completely. I was devastated but I was definitely in need of one. I was aimlessly wandering around PoundLand {i know!} and saw this pressed powder. It matched my skin colour and was surprisingly soft and lightweight so i thought I'd try it out until I found a better one. 6 months or so later I'm still inlove {and I've hit pan!} and I saved a mint on it. Can't complain about that. It makes my skin feel amazing after attacking it with foundation concealer and the rest of the war paint and sets it in place. Need to repurchase!

2. Collection No Clumps Definition Mascara


Some people say that I am blessed with the fact I have long eyelashes but trust me without the right mascara it's a nightmare. I can't use lengthening the days I wear glasses because I end up with window wiper black marks in vision all day and every volumising mascara I've used makes my lashes stick together, it's not pretty. I spotted this when purchasing shampoo in Superdrug and wanted to see if it was true to it's name. My lashes have never looked better and they aren't all clumped together in a mess and my vision is clear! Win-win.

3. Natural Collection Eyeliner


As a self-confessed useless eyeliner applier it's hard for me to find an eyeliner that is fool proof. I have Collection's Fast Stroke Eyeliner which is perfect for a cat-eye look but for days where I don't have the effort in me or if I want a less heavy look I needed something more. This Natural Collection eyeliner is not only £1.99 but it has the thinniest applicator I have ever seen which helps alot for precision and it's made from all natural ingredients, no nastys! Plus it dries so fast and lasts all day.

4. Natura Cleansing Facial Wipes: Age Radiance.

                         

Although I love Garnier's Micellar Water I have always used face wipes just to extra clean my face before washing it. I tend to love the Simple wipes as there is no perfumes or extras which my skin is very reactant to so I did think twice before purchasing these but 3 packs for £1 means I could stock up without worrying about running out. The Age Radiance is actually so soothing, admittedly they do have a fragrance but once you get over that it removes makeup so easily and with the anti-aging it does feel like the wipes do that something extra to your skin.

5. St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse
ft Dove Summer Glow.


Immediately, of course it's a major dupe for St Tropez but I had to mention this as this is the first self tan I've ever bought and it's amazing for a fraction of the price! However, I've used Garnier Body Summer Body Moisturising Lotion for as long as I can remember to cover my ghostly physique but when it's not summer the prices can go ridiculous and the availability goes down so I replaced it with Dove Summer Glow which does just as good of a job and it's less orange toned as Garnier. St Moriz and Dove Summer Glow paired together makes a happy tanned Katie whatever the weather. {When I can actually be bothered that is!}

And that is my top 5! I hope you enjoyed this and maybe even tempted to try these products for the bargain prices!

Have you purchased a temp product that's unexpectedly impressed you? Let me know!

Lots of love,

Katie x


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your writing style and support you to produce something new and really indulging like this. I promise to come again to overcome my thirst for knowledge and skills.
    wholesale fashion manufacturers

    ReplyDelete