Monday 9 July 2018

My Go To Make-up Products


It's July, Summer is in it's prime, which is a rarity for us English lot who don't usually experience sunshine quite this much, so you'd think whilst sweating in 28 degree weather make-up is the last thing on my mind but well, you'll be surprised!

In actual fact, because this heat doesn't allow for a lie in, I have time on my hands to pack on the layers to make me look less of a potato. I've also found a few new products I am obsessed with so I enjoy applying, even if i do look a bit extra for work.


The first product is one of the biggest hypes of this year. I wasn't 100% convinced when I read reviews that a £5 foundation could be so flawless and full coverage but this Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick is a gift from the gods. Not only is it obviously super inexpensive, It is perfect for my skin. Being Casper the ghost, I feel like most foundations only have limited shades where even the lightest can be too orange for me but having 18 shades suitable for everyone, I really have hit the jackpot. F4 is perfect for me as it's not too pasty on my skin like F1 but it's just the right colour to suit with or without a fake tan. It's so easy to apply and blends like a dream, what more could I ask?

Next up is highlight. I didn't think bargain wise, I'd find one that makes me shine bright like a diamond until I discovered this Primark beauty. The shade is Brunch Club and the glow is just right without looking like you're just sweaty. I feel like Primark has really upped their game when it comes to beauty products, the quality is amazing and at £2.50? Who needs an expensive dupe?


Recently, I've incorporated lashes into my daily routine. I know this seems very "Beauty Vlogger" of me but honestly, I love how much they make a difference to my look. I have long lashes naturally so it's more for the volume and intensity but I'm currently loving it. It doesn't even take much more effort now I've had practice and I always used to think it was an expensive craze but like everything quality isn't always pricey. Now, surprisingly my go-to lashes are only £1! Although Primark lashes are my favourite, most days I grab mine from Poundland and although the glue is shocking, pair these with Superdrug own brand lash glue and you're looking glam for a fraction of the price, not to mention they are reusable!

Finally, who doesn't love a good nude? I feel like I've been on the search for a drugstore dupe of Kylie's Candi K for so long and they've either been too light it looks like I've got foundation lips, or they're too warm toned, however, this Velvet Matte Lip Lacquer by MUA in the shade Tranquility is £3 and I am in love. It just glides onto my lips and dries perfectly without taking too much moisture away as I suffer from chapped lips, also the colour is so versatile for so many looks. So impressed.


Shop here:
Foundation Stick - Superdrug
Lip Lacquer - Superdrug
Highlighter - Primark.
Lashes - Poundland


No comments:

Post a Comment