Wednesday 30 May 2018

I Did What?!


Where Have You Been? I hear you cry.

Well it's true I've had a complete hiatus from blogging and I haven't really had any excuses really but what I can tell you is I've definitely spent this time wisely (or not so wisely some may argue after this post) 

If I've learnt anything growing up it's definitely that life is short, you never know how much time you have so why not make the days count ey? Whether it's planned events or a last minute booze-up, I can guarantee when we're old and grey, they are the memories we will cherish no matter how much we may regret them at the time. Which brings me to the theme of this post; Spontaneity.

Here are my top spontaneous/random moments so far (most of which actually include the same 2 friends; bad influences maybe?)

1. Travelling over an hour at night to get dessert.
Because noone wants just plain old ice-cream from a supermarket to satisfy their sweet tooth right? We decided to go from Minehead to Yeovil to go to Kaspa's dessert place. So I may have exaggerated a little, my friend is actually originally from Yeovil but a little drive around escalated into going to his hometown to get chocolate covered waffles and cookie dough. But this is just the start of our driving adventures ....




2. Deciding to travel to MANCHESTER the night before for a 'casual' day trip.
Yes .. Manchester, as in North of England, as in at least 4 hours away from where we live. We are surrounded by mainstream cities like Bristol, Birmingham, Plymouth, yet those just didn't tickle our fancy. Instead, we wanted somewhere different to go shopping (baring in mind we were all semi-broke at the time) so we thought it was the best option. Was it? Well, Trafford Centre is INSANE. I just wish I had longer to get my head around how massive this place was and explore properly, it was definitely a culture shock to the shopping centres we are used to. Also, the boys got some pretty decent suits for our upcoming awards night so all in all a successful trip. However, we did do one more thing whilst we were there ...




3. Getting our Nipples pierced whilst in Manchester.
Now, don't get me wrong, nipple piercings has always been something I said I'd love to get but it was one of those things where I didn't think I would actually go through with it. Well, after the tiniest bit of peer pressure and finding a studio at last minute on Google, we all decided to bite the bullet and get it done. Only the one mind, which I'm actually glad about because that trip home was painful! Seatbelts and sore nips are not a good combo boys and girls especially having to travel home 4 hours!

4. Booking + flying to Tenerife in less than a week.
I don't know if you've picked up on this or not but I do struggle with last minute plans at the best of times but a holiday with no notice spared gave me complete anxiety! This actually was back in January 2017 and my first holiday away without my parents which was a big deal to me. My good friend Katie literally texted me not suggesting but TELLING me we were going to go with our other pal Dan, and sent me the cost and details, at least someone had it planned out! And it was all because of a passing comment that we should get away somewhere. I never thought I'd ever have the courage to do that but it turned out to be exactly what we needed.



So the point I'm really getting at is, life is really short and although our credit cards take an absolute beating, often the most unexpected days, trips, moments are the ones we will remember in a few years time, not the ones where we are stuck in work, stuck with the same daily routine. So do something out of blue, you never know it could be the best thing you do this year.


Love Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment